Monday, September 19, 2011

Let me introduce myself

Hey, so let me introduce myself. I'm Jacob, I'm 14, almost 15, and a freshman in high shool. I'm about 5'10" and 125 lbs (just for the record). For the past few years in track, I have ran the mile as my primary event. In 7th grade, my best time was 6:12.5. In 8th grade, I took it a little bit more seriously and got my time down to 5:44.6. In one week in 8th grade, I improved by 11.5 seconds, because we started running hills. This year, I decided that I really want to step it up, and make a bold statement. I looked at the calendar, and saw that it was exactly 6 months (26 weeks) until the beginning of track season. Every week I would post my time on an Excel spreadsheet and watch for progress to my goal of 5:05 by the beginning of track season. With all hope in the final goal of qualifying for the Nebraska state track meet. This is what I created this blog for. To give inspiration to new runners, and to have myself held accountable to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment